Bright Angel Point
- Physical DifficultyThis is the average user-submitted rating on the physical difficulty of this route. In general, green is beginner, blue is intermediate, black is advanced/most difficult and double-black is expert-only. It is recommended that users build up to black and double-black routes.
- Technical DifficultyThis is the average user-submitted rating on the technical difficulty of this route. In general, green is beginner, blue is intermediate, black is advanced/most difficult and double-black is expert-only. It is recommended that users build up to black and double-black routes.
This popular trail leads from the North Rim Visitors Centre to the scenic Bright Angel Point over a paved path with minimal elevation gain. This is a perfect short trip for all levels of hikers, offering spectacular panoramic views.
Join our newsletter
Get a weekly dose of discounts and inspiration for adventure lovers
Route Description for Bright Angel Point
From the parking lot head towards the visible rim of the Grand Canyon. From here follow the flat dirt path to the right, towards the cabins and visitor centre. As you hike you will pass by the visitors centre, after which you will come to a small junction.
From here follow signs to the left, veering onto the visible point jutting out into the vertical abyss that is the Grand Canyon. This paved path rolls up and down – at times quite steeply – so it is not appropriate for strollers. Along the path there are informational signs depicting and explaining the geology and biology of the landscape.
Once you reach the end of the trail you will be granted incredible panoramic views of the entire Grand Canyon. Down and to your left you can see the canyon where the North Kaibab Trail leads down to the Colorado River and Phantom Ranch.
If you peer directly across the canyon you may be able to make out small blotches along the otherwise perfectly horizontal canyon wall. These are the hotels of Grand Canyon Village. You might also be able to make out the North Kaibab and Bright Angel Trails working their way down on that side. Return to your car the way you came.
Insider Hints for Bright Angel Point
- If you are lucky and have booked far enough in advance you can snag a room at the Grand Canyon North Rim Lodge. If you are staying there, this trail makes for a perfect after dinner hike!
Getting to the Bright Angel Point Trailhead
From the north entrance to the park, follow the highway towards the visitors centre and Lodge until it’s terminus. Park in the parking lot to the left shortly before arriving at the visitors centre.
Bright Angel Point Elevation Graph
Weather ForecastCheck Area Weather
Bright Angel Point Reviews
Add a comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.
- Grand Canyon Bridle Trail
- Roosevelt Point Trail
- Widforss Trail
- Supai Tunnel and Coconino Overlook via North Kaibab Trail
- Coconino Overlook via North Kaibab Trail
- Cypress Point Vista via North Kaibab Trail
- Transept Trail
- Uncle Jim Trail
- Phantom Ranch to Ribbon Falls via North Kaibab Trail
- Ribbon Falls via North Kaibab Trail
- Roaring Springs via North Kaibab Trail
- Transept Trail