- Physical DifficultyThis is the average user-submitted rating on the physical difficulty of this route. In general, green is beginner, blue is intermediate, black is advanced/most difficult and double-black is expert-only. It is recommended that users build up to black and double-black routes.
- Technical DifficultyThis is the average user-submitted rating on the technical difficulty of this route. In general, green is beginner, blue is intermediate, black is advanced/most difficult and double-black is expert-only. It is recommended that users build up to black and double-black routes.
Steep! Adventurous! Rewarding! Getting to the summit of Tristner provides you with the most incredible view over the Zillertal; it can only be seen by sustained and experienced hikers.
Join our newsletter
Get a weekly dose of discounts and inspiration for adventure lovers
Route Description for Tristner Hike
From the parking lot in Ginzling, start by following the asphalt road for 0.2km and make a left at the first signs saying “Rundwanderweg Ginzling” and walk down the gravel road for a few meters. Go left at the field to get to a small bridge as it leads you over the Floitenbach and up to the woods, crossing another small field.
Follow this path as it goes through the woods. At the next yellow sign, turn right and pass two benches located close together to get to the steep trail up the woods.
Stay on this path for 3km until you reach a private hunting hut; it is a perfect place for a short break and to top up your energy.
Further on the left side of the hut, the path continues, as you gain more altitude through the woods.
Soon you will leave the woods behind you. There are no signs or marks on this route, but you can easily see the one and only path up to Tristner. The path leads you over meadows until you see the first peak from the ridge, where you can already see the cross on top of the summit of Tristner. Follow the really steep route up the ridge until you reach the top. You will be rewarded with a stunning 360-degree view.
Take the same way back.
Insider Hints for Tristner Hike
- There are no signs on this route that say “Tristner”.
- On this hike, you will not see many people. Be sure you let somebody at the hotel or the tourist information in Ginzling know you are going up on this hike.
- If you are already exhausted when you arrive at the hunting hut, this hike might not be continued. Enjoy the view from there and try another time.
- Take your time and plan some extra rests for this one.
- Be sure you have enough energy for hiking down, you will need your glutes and thighs for the way back.
- Good hiking boots and sticks are highly recommended for this hike.
- Do not choose this hike when it rained the last few days or when the weather forecast is unpredictable.
- Click the link to find out more about hiking the Austrian Alps.
Getting to the Tristner Hike Trailhead
From Mayrhofen take the B169 towards Ginzlingsouth. Make a left to Ginzling and follow this street to the Naturpark Haus in Ginzling, where there is a parking lot.
Tristner Hike Elevation Graph
Weather ForecastCheck Area Weather
Tristner Hike Reviews
Add a comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.