Esk Valley Walk: Egton to Whitby
The Esk Valley Walk: Egton to Whitby is a nice intermediate length walking route in North York Moors National Park that features a lovely riverside setting and laid back terrain. While out walking this point-to-point trail, you cut across the Esk Valley along the winding banks of the River Esk, taking in views of the picturesque landscape as you make your way towards the town of Whitby. Keep in mind that this is a one-way trail, so you will need to make travel arrangements following your walk, unless you are looking to retrace your steps along the trail.
Rolling hills, charming villages, and a beautiful riverside setting await on the Esk Valley Walk: Egton to Whitby. If you are hoping to experience some of the picturesque landscapes within the North York Moors, followed by a fun train ride back to the trailhead, then you will definitely not want to miss out on this scenic walk.
Setting out from the rail station in Egton, you will make your way to the east along Barnard’s Road, following it as it meets up with the winding banks of the River Esk and turns to the northeast. After crossing over the road near the village of Grosmont, you will continue on to the northeast and climb up the hillside.
As you make your way across the undulating terrain of North York Moors National Park, you will pass through charming pastures filled with livestock, as well as tranquil stretches of woodland terrain. After crossing over the river and passing by the village of Sleights, you will keep on to the northeast to traverse the final stretch of countryside, once again crossing over the River Esk before making your way into the endpoint of the walk at the Whitby rail station.
The trailhead for the Esk Valley Walk: Egton to Whitby can be found at the Egton railway station.
WeatherCheck Area Weather
Add a comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.
- Lythe and Kettleness Circular Walk
- Danby, Ainthorpe, and Little Fryup Dale Walk
- Grosmont and Beck Hole Circular Walk
- Sandsend and Whitby via West Cliff Beach Walk
- Falling Foss and Littlebeck Walk
- Goathland and Grosmont Rail Path
- May Beck and Sneaton High Moor Walk
- Runswick Bay to Staithes Walk
- Goathland and Mallyan Spout Walk
- Grosmont, Mallyan Spout, and Thomason Foss Circular Walk
- Newtondale Halt to Goathland Station Walk
- Goathland, Mallyan Spout and the Roman Road