Ogden Point via Dallas Road
- Physical DifficultyThis is the average user-submitted rating on the physical difficulty of this route. In general, green is beginner, blue is intermediate, black is advanced/most difficult and double-black is expert-only. It is recommended that users build up to black and double-black routes.
- Technical DifficultyThis is the average user-submitted rating on the technical difficulty of this route. In general, green is beginner, blue is intermediate, black is advanced/most difficult and double-black is expert-only. It is recommended that users build up to black and double-black routes.
This walk to Ogden Point winds along the coastline, granting sea-scented smells, glimpses of paddle boarders and windsurfers. Every so often, opt to leave the path for a refreshing dip into the water. This hike perfectly blends a flavour of chill and relaxation with a sprinkle of shimmering scenery!
View Ogden Point via Dallas Road on Map
- Map Data: ©OpenStreetMap
- Tiles: ©CyclOSM
Subscribe to our newsletter
Get a weekly dose of discounts and inspiration for adventure lovers
Route Description for Ogden Point via Dallas Road
This lovely, enjoyable walk begins at Clover Point, where you can park your car and you are immediately greeted with stunning sea views.
From Clover Point, you’ll head west along the Dallas Road Waterfront Trail. Enjoy the views out to sea, and the fresh air.
Soon you’ll pass Spiral Beach, a pretty area for a swim. From there continue and you’ll come to Finlayson Point. While the map doesn’t show heading to Finlayson Point, there are park benches and more fine views from here.
Continue to follow the coastline, just north of you is Dallas Road, and on the other side is Beacon Hill, a beautiful place to explore and a place with a Children’s Farm that kids love.
Soon the path reaches Steve Fonyo Beach in Holland Point Park. You’ll notice the houses of James Bay on your right. Steve Fonyo was a Canadian Runner with an artificial leg who raised funds for cancer research.
Continue on the path as it approaches and goes beside Dallas Road. You’ll look out at the Breakwater Lighthouse towering over Ogden Point, and you’ll soon reach the Ogden Point Sundial. While you can continue walking all the way into downtown Victoria on Dallas Road, we normally return the way we came and enjoy the views as we head east.
Do note that bikers have a separate path along most of this route, granting walkers the freedom to fully appreciate the surrounding views without worrying about stepping aside too often!
Insider Hints for Ogden Point via Dallas Road
- Do this walk around sunset for incredible views!
- Grab delicious coffee along Cook Street.
- Venture over to Beacon Hill, not only is it great to explore, but there is a Children’s Farm and a kitschy drive in, known as the Beacon Drive In.
Getting to the Ogden Point via Dallas Road Trailhead
Head Clover Point Park off of Dallas Road.
Ogden Point via Dallas Road Elevation Graph
Weather ForecastCheck Area Weather
Ogden Point via Dallas Road Reviews
Add a comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.