Lago del Vei del Bouc
- Physical DifficultyThis is the average user-submitted rating on the physical difficulty of this route. In general, green is beginner, blue is intermediate, black is advanced/most difficult and double-black is expert-only. It is recommended that users build up to black and double-black routes.
- Technical DifficultyThis is the average user-submitted rating on the technical difficulty of this route. In general, green is beginner, blue is intermediate, black is advanced/most difficult and double-black is expert-only. It is recommended that users build up to black and double-black routes.
The Vei del Bouc Lake is one of the most beautiful lake hikes in Alpi Marittime Natural Park. There’s something special about going on a hike that ends at a lake. Even if you don’t go for a dip (it’s too cold for that!), it’s a refreshing reward for all your hard work.
Join our newsletter
Get a weekly dose of discounts and inspiration for adventure lovers
Route Description for Lago del Vei del Bouc
You will follow the no.8 path from the start of the hike until you reach the Pian del Rasur. But first, to get to the start from San Giacomo you take the road that crosses the bridge on the left. This road will continue to the ancient hunting huts that are now summer lodges.
From there you take the track for about 3.0 km. You’ll start by walking through a forest of beech trees, and then you’ll be looking over the Prà del Rasur (1,412 m), across the grasslands and pastures.
As the valley thins, and you reach the end of the Pian, you’ll take a path splitting off to the left. That path will climb up towards the lake. The trail climbs and crosses the slope. In 1.5-2h you’ll get to the Lago del Vei del Bouc (2,042 m).
From the lake you can enjoy the views on the Gelas peaks and the Maledia peak. Towards the South you’ll see the Colle del Vej del Bouc.
The return in on the same path.
Insider Hints for Lago del Vei del Bouc
- From the lake is possible to continue to the Colle del Vej del Bouc (2,618 m) in about two hours, or the Lago del Carboné (2,800 m) in about three hours.
- Why not stop at the Rifugio San Giacomo after your hike for a nice meal? They have amazing polenta.
- Sotto il Fagio is a great camping option in the area. If you have your own sleeping bag or blankets you can rent tents and air mattresses from them.
Getting to the Lago del Vei del Bouc Trailhead
When you arrive in Valdieri, go straight and after 2.0 km go left to Entracque and then right to San Giacomo after 6.0 km. You can park the car here. To reach the path, pass the bridge on the left.
Lago del Vei del Bouc Elevation Graph
Weather ForecastCheck Area Weather
Lago del Vei del Bouc Reviews
Add a comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.