Ben Gulabin Walk
The Ben Gulabin Walk is a challenging adventure in Cairngorms National Park that will take you on a fairly direct route up the mountain for views over the valley. While out walking the trail, you will climb up steep, rocky, and often eroded paths to reach the summit, where spectacular views of the surrounding landscape await. Walkers should take note that this route is only suitable for the summer months, as the peak is covered with snow and ice during the winter and requires experience using and ice axe and crampons.
Join our newsletter
Get a weekly dose of discounts and inspiration for adventure lovers
Route Description for Ben Gulabin Walk
If you are looking to push the limits of your physical fitness on a short summit route in Cairngorms National Park, then the Ben Gulabin Walk is the perfect route to do so. At only 6.8 km and featuring over 500 m of elevation, this steep route will be sure to give you a solid leg burn while providing breathtaking views.
Setting out from the trailhead, you will follow the path leading to the northwest that will take you away from the road and up the mountainside. Shortly after crossing Allt a’ Charnaich, the route will bend to the southwest and become even more steep, leading you up to the summit of Ben Gulabin. Here, you can explore the top of the peak and take in the breathtaking views of the valley surrounding you, before heading back down the same trail on the return.
Getting to the Ben Gulabin Walk Trailhead
The trailhead for the Ben Gulabin Walk can be found at the car park along A93, just mi north of Spittal of Glenshee.
Ben Gulabin Walk Elevation Graph
Weather ForecastCheck Area Weather
Ben Gulabin Walk Reviews
Add a comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.
- Capel Mounth and Loch Muick Circular Walk
- Glas Tulaichean and Carn an Righ Walk
- Craig Mellon Circular Walk
- Glas Maol and Creag Leacach Walk
- Glen Doll and Tolmount Circular Walk
- Glas Tulaichean and Gleann Taitneach Circular Walk
- The Cairnwell Munros Walk
- Glas Maol Munros Circular Walk
- Mealna Letter and Loch Beanie Circular Walk
- The Cateran Trail: Kirkmichael to Spittal of Glenshee
- The Cateran Trail: Spittal of Glenshee to Kirkton of Glenisla
- The Cateran Trail: Kirkton of Glenisla to Alyth