Whitby to Robin Hood’s Bay Walk
The Whitby to Robin Hood’s Bay Walk is an easy adventure through North York Moors National Park that will produce stunning views along the coast. While out on the trail, you will pass by the historic Whitby Abbey and enjoy views across the North Sea as you traverse the coast on the way into Robin Hood’s Bay. While it may be a bit on the longer side, the easy-going terrain along this route makes for a perfect family walk.
Subscribe to our newsletter
Get a weekly dose of discounts and inspiration for adventure lovers
Route Description for Whitby to Robin Hood’s Bay Walk
Featuring a laid back coastal trail with stunning views across the North Sea, the Whitby to Robin Hood’s Bay Walk is the perfect route for a fun seaside adventure.
Setting out from the trailhead next to the Captain Cook Statue, you will head east to make your way through Whitby, exploring the historic streets and crossing over the River Esk to arrive at the historic Whitby Abbey.
From here, you will walk along the coastal terrain and enjoy some spectacular views across the water, as you stroll above the secluded coves that line the shore. Eventually, you will pass through the charming village of Robin Hood’s Bay, where you will find the endpoint of this one-way trail at The Bay Hotel, which overlooks the beautiful coast.
Getting to the Whitby to Robin Hood’s Bay Walk Trailhead
The trailhead for the Whitby to Robin Hood’s Bay Walk can be found next to the Captain Cook Statue in Whitby, just off Khyber Pass.
Whitby to Robin Hood’s Bay Walk Elevation Graph
Weather ForecastCheck Area Weather
Whitby to Robin Hood’s Bay Walk Reviews
Add a comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.
- Lythe and Kettleness Circular Walk
- Esk Valley Walk: Egton to Whitby
- Robin Hood’s Bay to Boggle Hole Walk
- Whitby Abbey and the Dracula Trail
- Grosmont and Beck Hole Circular Walk
- Sandsend and Whitby via West Cliff Beach Walk
- Falling Foss and Littlebeck Walk
- Robin Hood’s Bay and Maw Wyke Walk
- May Beck and Sneaton High Moor Walk
- Runswick Bay to Staithes Walk
- Whitby Hawsker Circular Walk
- Grosmont, Mallyan Spout, and Thomason Foss Circular Walk