Clear Lake and Artist’s Point Loop
The Clear Lake and Artist’s Point Loop is an easy, scenic hiking circuit in Yellowstone. This trail features incredible views of the lower Yellowstone Falls and Yellowstone Canyon. This route is family-friendly.
View Clear Lake and Artist’s Point Loop on Map
- Map Data: ©OpenStreetMap
- Tiles: ©CyclOSM
Subscribe to our newsletter
Get a weekly dose of discounts and inspiration for adventure lovers
Route Description for Clear Lake and Artist’s Point Loop
The Clear Lake and Artist’s Point Loop is a fun hike for the whole family. Although this hike is short, it does have some steep sections, so be sure to wear proper hiking footwear and be prepared for a bit of an adventure. Bring lots of water and lots of snacks for everyone in your hiking party to make your day the best it can be. With breathtaking views of Yellowstone Falls and relaxing lakeside scenery, this trail has it all. Bring along a picnic basket and enjoy a lakeside lunch at Clear Lake with the whole family to make a full day of it.
Beginning at the Clear Lake Trailhead, follow the path northeast along the Yellowstone River to Artist’s Point. Stop and admire the incredible views of the Lower Falls from Artist’s Point before continuing eastward to a divide. At the divide, take the path on your right to head south to Lily Lake. Stick to the path on your right to circle around Clear Lake, then back to the Clear Lake Trailhead, where you began.
If you are looking for more to explore in the area, check out the North Rim Trail across the river canyon.
Getting to the Clear Lake and Artist’s Point Loop Trailhead
This hike begins at the Clear Lake Trailhead on South Rim Road.
Clear Lake and Artist’s Point Loop Elevation Graph
Weather ForecastCheck Area Weather
Clear Lake and Artist’s Point Loop Reviews
Add a comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.
- The Howard Eaton Trail via the Wapiti Lake Trailhead
- Wapiti, Clear Lake, Ribbon Lake, and South Rim Trail
- Clear Lake and Artist’s Point Loop via the Wapiti Lake Trailhead
- Wrangler Lake Trail
- Canyon Rim South Trail to Point Sublime
- Brink of the Upper Yellowstone Falls
- North Rim Trail to Red Rock Point, Lookout Point and Grand View
- Canyon Rim South Trail to Artist Point
- Upper Falls, Lower Falls, and Artist’s Point Trail
- North Rim Trail to Yellowstone Falls, Crystal Falls, and Inspiration Point
- South Rim
- Brink of the Lower Falls