Boulder Creek Path
- Physical DifficultyThis is the average user-submitted rating on the physical difficulty of this route. In general, green is beginner, blue is intermediate, black is advanced/most difficult and double-black is expert-only. It is recommended that users build up to black and double-black routes.
- Technical DifficultyThis is the average user-submitted rating on the technical difficulty of this route. In general, green is beginner, blue is intermediate, black is advanced/most difficult and double-black is expert-only. It is recommended that users build up to black and double-black routes.
Taking a hike along Boulder Creek Trail is a perfect family-friendly hike through Boulder Canyon along Boulder Creek. With a paved trail at the start changing to a wide gravel trail, it is perfect for a hike with the family or a down day from the other bigger climbs in the Boulder area!
Join our newsletter
Get a weekly dose of discounts and inspiration for adventure lovers
Route Description for Boulder Creek Path
Boulder Creek Path runs straight through Eben G. Fine Park. This city park is a convenient start to this easy, family-friendly hike just outside Boulder.
Take the Boulder Creek Path west towards Boulder Canyon. This section of the path is paved as it follows along the creek and eventually turns up Boulder Canyon. After running parallel with Boulder Canyon Dr., the path dips under the road and the paved path gives way to a wide gravel path which is also the start to the Boulder Canyon Trail. The trail also separates away from the road, giving you some distance from the noisy canyon traffic.
Once hiking along the Boulder Creek Path, you are hiking along Boulder Creek and are right next to large rock faces, which make up the canyon walls. The path takes you across a bridge and back under Boulder Canyon Drive as you continue the easy hike up the canyon. The trail ends at Fourmile Canyon.
To return, hike back the way you came.
Find more amazing hikes around Boulder:
Insider Hints for Boulder Creek Path
- RTD bus service is available at the end of the trail at Fourmile Canyon.
- This trail is easy and family friendly, and can also be biked.
- Keep an eye out for rock climbers on the many tall canyon walls.
Getting to the Boulder Creek Path Trailhead
Take Arapahoe Ave. to Eben G. Fine Park. Free parking is available at Eben G. Fine.
Boulder Creek Path Elevation Graph
Weather ForecastCheck Area Weather
Boulder Creek Path Reviews
Add a comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.