The origins of Windigo date back over four hundred years to the hunt for the Northwest Passage. Sir Martin Frobisher was a principal figure in these early adventures, making several trips to the Arctic. While he didn’t find the Passage, he did bestow his name on today’s Frobisher Bay, where Iqaluit meets the sea. Little did Martin know that his descendent Charles Frobisher would start an adventure travel company many centuries later!
Since 1996, Windigo has been operating group adventure tours throughout North America. They’re proud to show off the very best of this magnificent land, from its highest snow-capped peaks to its longest roaring rivers and everything in between. A team of expert guides bring unrivalled passion to each and every adventure. Traveling with Windigo provides memories for a lifetime!Read More
Tours by Windigo
- Explore some of the world’s most spectacular wilderness
- Camp deep in the heart of multiple national parks
- Spot an amazing array of wildlife in their protected habitats
- Connect with nature in the pristine Quebec wilderness
- Paddle the Bazin River from Parent to the Gatineau River
- Camp on the riverside and enjoy your meals cooked over the fire
- Explore five of the USA’s most spectacular national parks
- Journey from granite peaks to barren desert floors and all that lies between
- Enjoy an array of incredible optional activities to enhance your journey
- Hike spectacular trails in Glacier National Park and the Purcells
- Stay in unique spots including a rustic barn and mountain lodge
- Paddle through the tranquil wetlands of the Columbia River
- Hike in the magnificent national parks of the splendid Canadian Rockies.
- Stay in a remote wilderness lodge surrounded by mountains.
- Hike Yoho’s iconic Iceline trail and Banff’s renowned Sentinel Pass.
- Hike epic trails on Mount Jacque Cartier and Mount Albert
- Camp in the mountain wilderness of Gaspésie National Park
- Enjoy a wildlife safari, with a chance to spot moose, black bears, whales and seals
- Immerse yourself in the ecosystems of the Saint Lawrence River
- Experience three of Quebec’s most beloved national parks
- Step back in time to the historical time of Canadian explorers
- Explore the unique environment of the Gaspé Peninsula
- Spot caribou, moose, whales, seals, bears, and more
- Stay in a mix of hotels, chalets, and prospector tents