A mere 2,586 square kilometres, little Luxembourg boasts far more than you might expect from Europe’s smallest sovereign state. Bordering Belgium, Germany, and France, Luxembourg is a high-powered destination known for wealth, quality of life, and wine consumption. With a carefully preserved, UNESCO-designated capital and sprawling mountains and countryside, it’s a worthwhile destination for history and outdoor buffs alike. From castles dotting lush green countryside to rugged hiking trails scaling rocky peaks, there’s far more to discover in Luxembourg than many travellers would expect.
Because of the way Luxembourg juxtaposes history and outdoor adventure, taking a guided tour is the perfect way to discover the country’s best-kept secrets. Much of the local infrastructure was destroyed in WWII, and extensive efforts to rebuild and preserve have protected centuries of significant architecture. Contrasting the idyllic urban areas, deep gorges and untrodden peaks beckon in the Müllerthal region. A guided or self-guided tour can perfectly highlight Luxembourg’s best, from quiet museum hallways to windswept summits.Read More
- Cycle in Belgium, the Netherlands, Germany, and Luxembourg
- Discover the Green Heart of Europe on two wheels
- Stay in charming 3- and 4-star hotels along the route
- Enjoy an international cycling adventure in 5 European countries
- Cycle the scenic Meuse Route and the Vennbahn Rail Trail
- Stay in comfortable 3- and 4-star hotels along the route