Beauty Creek to Stanley Falls
- Physical DifficultyThis is the average user-submitted rating on the physical difficulty of this route. In general, green is beginner, blue is intermediate, black is advanced/most difficult and double-black is expert-only. It is recommended that users build up to black and double-black routes.
- Technical DifficultyThis is the average user-submitted rating on the technical difficulty of this route. In general, green is beginner, blue is intermediate, black is advanced/most difficult and double-black is expert-only. It is recommended that users build up to black and double-black routes.
Beauty Creek to Stanley Falls offers fantastic payoff for relatively little effort, passing eight different waterfalls during one short hike. It’s a less-busy, underrated trail sure to be loved but beware that there are no railings on this trip, and little ones should be holding adults hands at all times.
Join our newsletter
Get a weekly dose of discounts and inspiration for adventure lovers
Route Description for Beauty Creek to Stanley Falls
There are seasonal closures for caribou conservation on this trail from November 1 through March 1 each year. The trail is unmaintained, therefore the sections with steep edges are not fenced. Keep children close by and watch your step.
This underrated trail might be hard to find, but it’s well worth the effort! It passes by eight different waterfalls along Beauty Creek. You can get very close to Stanley Falls along the route, making it a dramatic and impressive experience.
From the trailhead, follow the dike along the creek heading east. You’ll reach an old road (former Highway 93) and go right. The valley views here are lovely. Just before the broken-down bridge, a trail heads up and to the left. Follow this along Beauty Creek.
The path splits off at various points, and we recommend following the safer trails further from the canyon walls. You’ll hike past a series of small waterfalls, and the trail peters out into an animal trail at Stanley Falls. Enjoy the rushing water for as long as you like, and then return the way you came.
Insider Hints for Beauty Creek to Stanley Falls
- This route goes up a beautiful canyon, but beware the trail goes close to the edge and there are no protective barriers. Be very careful with children and hold their hands, as a slip could be fatal.
- The views over the Icefields parkway are really special at the start of this hike, and are a great location for a family photo.
- Part of this hike goes along the old Icefields Parkway.
Getting to the Beauty Creek to Stanley Falls Trailhead
From Jasper, take Highway 93 south for approximately 86.0 km. Keep an eye out for a somewhat obscured, roadside turnout on the east side of the highway. Walk directly from here.
Beauty Creek to Stanley Falls Elevation Graph
Weather ForecastCheck Area Weather
Beauty Creek to Stanley Falls Reviews
Add a comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.