Jasper National Park Hikes
hikes in Jasper National Park
Hiking in Jasper National Park is a wonderful experience. From rocky, glaciated summits to stunning blue lakes, the best way to see Jasper's beauty is on the hiking trails. Use our route guides to guide you to the unique and beautiful areas of Jasper National Park – complete with waterfalls, canyons, valleys, mountaintops and much more.
The top hikes in Jasper National Park are mostly beginner and intermediate hikes, with quite a few being completely family-friendly. Expect to see lots of wildlife as you explore the trails around Jasper National Park. Keep reading to find our list of the best hikes in Jasper National Park.
- Opal Hills (7.8km, 466m, 3-5h): We loved this 8.0km hike near Maligne Lake. There are options for even further exploration and you can even combine the route with a wonderful boat trip.
- Cavell Meadows (6.0km, 400m, 2-3.5h): Get up close to the Angel Glacier on this 6.0km hike. If you’re feeling strong, there’s also the potential to add on a peak and explore during this trail.
- Sulphur Skyline (8.2km, 666m, 3-5h): This hike boasts an incredible view once you’re above tree line –combined with a trip to the Miette Hot Springs after the hike!
- Whistlers and Indian Ridge (8.8km, 750m, 3-5h): Take the Jasper SkyTram and summit Whistlers Mountain to continue on a beautiful trail part-way up to Indian Ridge.
- Path of the Angel Glacier (1.6km, 87m, 1-2h): Another way to explore the Angel Glacier at Cavell Meadows – a great trip for those wanting a shorter trip or for families.
- Bald Hills (13.4km, 697m, 3.5-6h): Get wonderful views and have the opportunity to explore other nearby peaks – definitely a great day out.
- Verdant Pass (20.0km, 750m, 6-8h): A local treasure! An unofficial trail, which implies a more secluded experience, the views are incredible on a clear day.
- Maligne Canyon (3.9km, 140m, 1-2h): A great family trip to see the most impressive canyon in Jasper National Park.
- Athabasca Falls (1.5km, 25m, 0.5-1h): A beautiful, family-friendly hike that even teenagers like. Yes, really. “This is really cool,” said our teenage nephew (who doesn’t like anything).
- Pyramid Lake and Overlook (5.8km, 207m, 1.5-3h): A wonderful hike close to Jasper town – great for families or an after-dinner stroll.
The best hikes in Jasper National Park
Yes, there are more than 10
Jasper National Park is so beautiful that we can not give you only 10 hikes. So here is a list of bonus hikes in Jasper National Park that you should take a look at as well
Are we missing your favourite hike?
Tell us! If you've got photos, a GPS track and know the hike, we'd love to share your favourite hike with the rest of the 10Adventures community.