- Physical DifficultyThis is the average user-submitted rating on the physical difficulty of this route. In general, green is beginner, blue is intermediate, black is advanced/most difficult and double-black is expert-only. It is recommended that users build up to black and double-black routes.
- Technical DifficultyThis is the average user-submitted rating on the technical difficulty of this route. In general, green is beginner, blue is intermediate, black is advanced/most difficult and double-black is expert-only. It is recommended that users build up to black and double-black routes.
The Debela Peč hike will take you to one of the most panoramic peaks in the Julian Alps. Mount Debela Peč lies on the northern edge of Pokljuka plateau. With steep walls on the northern side - above Krma valley - and moderately grassy slopes on the southern side - above the forest of Pokljuka - this walk is diverse and beautiful.
View Debela Peč on Map
- Map Data: ©OpenStreetMap
- Tiles: ©CyclOSM
Subscribe to our newsletter
Get a weekly dose of discounts and inspiration for adventure lovers
Route Description for Debela Peč
From the parking lot, take the cart track to the north, going to Blejska koča, Lipanca. The trail is wide and gently climbs through the spruce forest. Soon the path crosses over a gravel road. Continue straight up, curving to the left.
A few minutes later, another path joins from the left. Follow that path by turning right and walking north.
In about 400 m turn left towards Lipanca. Follow the wide cart track to the Lipanca pasture. After a healthy break in front of the huts, take the grassy path to the east.
You will spot a bench on top of a small hill. Pass the bench, and take the path going left under the wooden signs in the direction of Debela peč. Follow the blazes (trail markings) as you climb through the forest. After a short climb up some scree, follow the signs marked for Debela peč. The trail will take you to a grassy plateau. After the plateau, the trail will gain some elevation.
After a pretty steep climb, the view to the north will open. Continue hiking to the right (the path to the left goes to Brda). The trail will pass a dwarf pine covered peak - Okroglež - and, it will descend to a small valley.
After a short climb you will reach the top of Debela peč! Then, return the way you came up.
Insider Hints for Debela Peč
- You can extend your trip by hiking to the neighbouring peaks Brda, Lipanski vrh and Mrežce. Dropping down from Lipanski vrh, you can reach Blejska hut from Lipanca pasture.
- Take a lunch break on the descent and stop by at the Blejska hut. Try some delicious home-made specialities.
- From the parking lot, you can take a five-minute walk to the south of the lot and visit Zajavornik pasture. Experience the true shepherd´s life and try some sour milk and cottage cheese.
Getting to the Debela Peč Trailhead
From Bled take the road, at the lights, to Pokljuka. Drive 15.0 km to Mrzli Studenec. Take the 2nd gravel road right, direction Blejska koča/Debela peč. Drive 2.5 km to Kranjska dolina pasture. After 300 m go left. In 1.8 km you can park.
Debela Peč Elevation Graph
Weather ForecastCheck Area Weather
Debela Peč Reviews
Add a comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.