- Physical DifficultyThis is the average user-submitted rating on the physical difficulty of this route. In general, green is beginner, blue is intermediate, black is advanced/most difficult and double-black is expert-only. It is recommended that users build up to black and double-black routes.
- Technical DifficultyThis is the average user-submitted rating on the technical difficulty of this route. In general, green is beginner, blue is intermediate, black is advanced/most difficult and double-black is expert-only. It is recommended that users build up to black and double-black routes.
The hike to Maxhütte is a family-friendly hike with a great opportunity for kids to play at the creek and pet the goats around.
View Maxhütte Hike on Map
- Map Data: ©OpenStreetMap
- Tiles: ©CyclOSM
Subscribe to our newsletter
Get a weekly dose of discounts and inspiration for adventure lovers
Route Description for Maxhütte Hike
The hike to Maxhütte is a great day out near Mayrhofen, not only are there nice views, but Maxhütte is a charming mountain hut with very good food.
Start the hike through the woods as it slightly increases in height. You will find some shooting boxes for hunters along the way as you walk through the woods
After 1.0 km, the path leads next to the stream. It may have a lot of water in it during springtime and is great to watch from distance.
A little further on you reach the edge of the forest, where you can already spot the Maxhütte.
Cross a bridge to get over the stream and enjoy your day with a snack or a cold beverage at the mountain hut. There are cold beer, freshly baked goods, and some say this is the best goulash in the Zillertal.
The views up the valley are spectacular.
Return the same way down.
Insider Hints for Maxhütte Hike
- This is a good hike for children who can handle some steep sections. Lots to see and explore around the hut.
- The stream can be very dangerous if there is a lot of water after winter time but if you stay on the path you will be fine.
- Due to lots of roots on the path, this hike is not able to be done with a stroller.
Getting to the Maxhütte Hike Trailhead
From Mayrhofen take the B169 towards Ginzling. Once you have gone through Ginzling look for a parking lot on your left, labelled with a big sign saying “Maxhütte”.
Maxhütte Hike Elevation Graph
Weather ForecastCheck Area Weather
Maxhütte Hike Reviews
Add a comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.