Narada Falls Trail
The Narada Falls Trail is an easy, family-friendly out and back route in Mount Rainier National Park that leads you to a very pretty waterfall among the dark green foliage of the forest. The trail is a great way to enjoy the falls without much effort or time required. While strollers won’t make it, little ones will love this fun trail.
Join our newsletter
Get a weekly dose of discounts and inspiration for adventure lovers
Route Description for Narada Falls Trail
The Narada Falls Trail is a simple, family-friendly route to a lovely waterfall in Mount Rainier National Park. The trail is short and sweet, so if you’re interested in further exploring the network of trails in the area, grab a map from the Paradise Visitor Center.
The hike begins from the Paradise parking lot. Head behind the inn and cross Valley Road to pick up the trail on the other side. You’ll follow Lower Lakes Trail, keeping right onto Narada Falls Trail as Lower Lakes branches off to the left.
Ruby Falls comes up just before the crossing on Stevens Canyon Road. Cross the road and pick up the trail on the other side, walking alongside the Paradise River to the viewpoint, which is just past the falls.
Once you’ve enjoyed the falls, you can either head back the same way you came or continue a bit further on the Wonderland Trail, on which you can make a nice loop around Inspiration Point.
Insider Hints for Narada Falls Trail
- The trail is best hiked in the early-mid afternoon when the falls are lit up by the sun
- The Narada Falls to Reflection Lake Trail is a nice choice for a slightly longer outing in the area.
- If it has rained recently, the trail can be wet. Take your time in muddy sections.
Getting to the Narada Falls Trail Trailhead
To reach the Narada Falls trailhead from Elbe, take WA-706 for 24.1 km, entering the park and continuing as the road turns into Paradise Road E. Continue for 25.7 km until the Paradise Visitor Center, where you can park in any of the parking areas.
Narada Falls Trail Elevation Graph
Weather ForecastCheck Area Weather
Narada Falls Trail Reviews
Add a comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.
- Narada Falls to Mazama Ridge Loop
- Skyline, Mazama, Wonderland, and Lower Lakes Loop
- Deadhorse Creek Trail to Golden Gate Loop
- Reflection Lakes via Mazama Ridge Loop
- Glacier Vista Trail
- Skyline and Golden Gate Loop
- Golden Gate Trail
- Mazama Ridge Trail to Faraway Rock
- Myrtle Falls Hike
- Camp Muir Hike
- Panorama Point Hike
- Skyline Loop Trail