- Physical DifficultyThis is the average user-submitted rating on the physical difficulty of this route. In general, green is beginner, blue is intermediate, black is advanced/most difficult and double-black is expert-only. It is recommended that users build up to black and double-black routes.
- Technical DifficultyThis is the average user-submitted rating on the technical difficulty of this route. In general, green is beginner, blue is intermediate, black is advanced/most difficult and double-black is expert-only. It is recommended that users build up to black and double-black routes.
A walk in Shollenberger Park is great for people who want to get out in nature but don’t have the time to venture out to a coastal hike. This hike is abundant in bird species and natural waterways which all lead to the peaceful ambiance of the park.
Join our newsletter
Get a weekly dose of discounts and inspiration for adventure lovers
Route Description for Shollenberger Park
Getting to this hiking location can be a little tricky, it is not obvious that there is a trailhead.
From the small parking lot, cross the bridge and go right and walk down beside a creek which eventually leads to the Petaluma River, where the path goes to the left. Follow the path along the river until it veers off to the left and then takes a hard-left turn
The trail goes around the edge of the green space, and when the trail splits, take the right-hand path that goes south.
In less than .1 miles you will come to two perpendicular trails, take a right and continue to stroll down the path.
You are now going to do a 3.2 km loop of Shollenberger Park. This park has 165 acres of wetlands and is popular with walkers, bird-watchers, dog walkers, runners and cyclists.
Once you complete the loop around Shollenberger Park, you take the same trails you came out on back to your car.
Insider Hints for Shollenberger Park
- This path is narrow in the beginning and then it widens up after the first mile to a multi use trail that is mostly paved.
- If you are looking to do a flat 3.2 km loop with 3-wheel stroller abilities you can start off of Cader Lane, south of S McDowell Blvd, where there is a small parking lot.
- During lunch hours this park can get quite busy, a lot of people use the park on their lunch breaks.
Getting to the Shollenberger Park Trailhead
The Parking lot is SE of the Sheraton Sonoma County-Petaluma. Once you turn onto Marina Ave keep driving through the back of the court and continue driving along the edge of the parking lot until you can see the Petaluma Marina. Once you can see the marina then the trailhead will be on your left.
Shollenberger Park Elevation Graph
Weather ForecastCheck Area Weather
Shollenberger Park Reviews
Add a comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.
- Mount Wittenburg and Bear Valley Loop
- Old Pine, Sky, and Meadow Loop
- Bear Valley to Glen Camp Loop
- Mount Wittenburg Trail
- Divide Meadow Loop
- Sky Trail and Coast Trail Loop
- Earthquake Trail
- Bear Valley and Coast Trail
- Sky Trail and Bear Valley Loop
- Bolinas Ridge Loop
- Olompali State Historical Park Loop
- China Camp Loop