Blue Quarry to Doan Walk
The Blue Quarry to Doan Walk is a rugged adventure in the Mourne and Slieve Croob AONB in Northern Ireland that will lead you up into the Mourne Mountains. While out walking the trail, you will climb uphill along some challenging terrain to reach the summit of Doan, where you will enjoy exceptional views across the surrounding landscape. Terrain along this trail is rocky, rugged, and often muddy, which will require proper walking boots to safely traverse.
View Blue Quarry to Doan Walk on Map
- Map Data: ©OpenStreetMap
- Tiles: ©CyclOSM
Subscribe to our newsletter
Get a weekly dose of discounts and inspiration for adventure lovers
Route Description for Blue Quarry to Doan Walk
If you are after a challenging walk that features some rough and rugged terrain, but isn’t overly long, then you will want to check out the Blue Quarry to Doan Walk. This amazing adventure will see you traverse some mountainous terrain and take in beautifully scenic views that sweep across Northern Ireland.
Setting out from the car park, you will make your way across Slievenaman Road and head to the southeast, traversing the open landscape along the slopes of Ott Mountain. After reaching a saddle between Carn Mountain to the southwest and Slieve Loughshannagh to the northeast, you will make the steep and rugged ascent of Doan. From the summit, you will enjoy spectacular views of the surrounding Mourne Mountains and nearby reservoirs, before backtracking along the trail on the return to the car park where you began your journey.
Getting to the Blue Quarry to Doan Walk Trailhead
The trailhead for the Blue Quarry to Doan Walk can be found at the Ott Car Park on Slievenaman Road, just southeast of Hilltown.
Blue Quarry to Doan Walk Elevation Graph
Weather ForecastCheck Area Weather
Blue Quarry to Doan Walk Reviews
Add a comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.
- Annalong Wood and Blue Lough Circular Walk
- Hen and Cock Mountain Trail
- Butter Mountain Circular Walk
- Ben Crom Summit via Ott Track Walk
- Hare’s Gap Short Walk via Trassey’s Track
- Slieve Bearnagh via Trassey Track Circular Walk
- Walk to Doan Summit via Banns Road
- Slieve Muck and Carn Mountain via Ott Track
- Silent Valley Reservoir Circular Walk
- Rocky Mountain and Tievedockaragh Circular Walk
- Slieve Binnian Summit Tor and North Tor Circular Walk
- Silent Valley Reservoir Walk