Dirty Bismark – Marshall Mesa
- Physical DifficultyThis is the average user-submitted rating on the physical difficulty of this route. In general, green is beginner, blue is intermediate, black is advanced/most difficult and double-black is expert-only. It is recommended that users build up to black and double-black routes.
- Technical DifficultyThis is the average user-submitted rating on the technical difficulty of this route. In general, green is beginner, blue is intermediate, black is advanced/most difficult and double-black is expert-only. It is recommended that users build up to black and double-black routes.
Dirty Bismark is a cross-country rider’s paradise! It is a big loop just east of the Doudy Draw Loops and is a mostly smooth ride through the foot hills with great views of the iconic Boulder Flatirons.
Join our newsletter
Get a weekly dose of discounts and inspiration for adventure lovers
Route Description for Dirty Bismark – Marshall Mesa
Dirty Bismark is a 24.6 km loop that rides through the rolling foot hills in view of the iconic Boulder Flatirons. The ride varies from single track to maintained gravel trails and snakes around the treeless plains of the flatland. With only minimal technical sections, this is a good ride to get in some miles while not kicking your butt too badly. This trail also gives you the feeling of being in the middle of nowhere, even when there are major cities and highways never too far away.
The description is based on riding the loop clockwise. As you head out from the trailhead along Marshall Valley, the trail traverses a grassy hill towards the east. After passing through a couple of cattle gates and side roads, via Community Ditch, Cowdrey Draw and Mayhoffer Singletree Trail; the trail becomes a maintained, city gravel trail that is shared with hikers and dog walkers.
Continue along Meadowlark Trail to Coalton Park Trailhead. A turn towards the west puts you on a straight climb up an old dirt road, Coalton Trail, to the top of Davidson Mesa. From this vantage point, you will be able to see far back into the mountains and see the snow-capped Indian Peaks and Longs Peak (4,346 m).
Eventually you will return to single track via High Plains and Greenbelt Plateau Trail. As you make your way back to the Marshall Mesa Trailhead, the riding gets a little more exciting, with the final section of trail being the most technical.
Insider Hints for Dirty Bismark – Marshall Mesa
- Pay to Park at the trailhead unless your vehicle is registered in Boulder or there is free parking just across the street in a large gravel parking lot.
- Check Boulder Trail Conditions here.
Getting to the Dirty Bismark – Marshall Mesa Trailhead
From Boulder head south on 93 towards Golden. At the southeast side of the intersection with Eldorado Springs Dr. (170) you will find the trailhead parking for Marshal Mesa Trailhead.
Dirty Bismark – Marshall Mesa Elevation Graph
Weather ForecastCheck Area Weather
Dirty Bismark – Marshall Mesa Reviews
Add a comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.
- NCAR to Fern Canyon Hike
- Bear and South Boulder Peaks Loop
- Flatirons Vista Trail
- Walter Orr Roberts Weather Trail
- Bear Canyon Trail to Bear Peak West Ridge
- Bear Peak via NCAR Hike
- Bear Peak Canyon Loop Trail
- Bear Peak via Shanahan Ridge Hike
- NCAR Ramble Trail
- Marshall Mesa – Doudy Draw Loops
- Bear Peak
- South Boulder Peak