Boulder Creek Trail
- Physical DifficultyThis is the average user-submitted rating on the physical difficulty of this route. In general, green is beginner, blue is intermediate, black is advanced/most difficult and double-black is expert-only. It is recommended that users build up to black and double-black routes.
- Technical DifficultyThis is the average user-submitted rating on the technical difficulty of this route. In general, green is beginner, blue is intermediate, black is advanced/most difficult and double-black is expert-only. It is recommended that users build up to black and double-black routes.
Boulder has a vast network of wonderful bike paths throughout the entire town. Boulder Creek Trail is the most scenic and continuous of all the Boulder bike paths.
Subscribe to our newsletter
Get a weekly dose of discounts and inspiration for adventure lovers
Route Description for Boulder Creek Trail
Boulder has great bike paths, and Boulder Creek Trail is our favourite. Begin this bike ride at the beautiful Eben G. Fine Park, cycling out on the trail east, away from the mountains. The bike path will follow alongside Boulder Creek as it makes its way back towards downtown Boulder.
Ride through Central Park, crossing over a bridge as the path heads in a southeast direction towards Colorado University campus. The path eventually departs from Boulder Creek at Arapahoe Ave. This marks the turnaround point. Ride back the way you came.
Insider Hints for Boulder Creek Trail
- There are many alternative routes that branch off from the Boulder Creek Trail. Take them all as a great way to explore all that Boulder has to offer!
- From Eben G. Fine Park, if you take Boulder Creek Trail west into Boulder Canyon, the trail turns to gravel and rides up Boulder Canyon for 6.4 km!
Getting to the Boulder Creek Trail Trailhead
From Boulder, take Canyon Dr. west towards the mountains. Turn south onto 6th St., followed by a quick left hand turn onto Arapahoe Ave. Parking is at the Eben G. Fine Park.
Boulder Creek Trail Elevation Graph
Weather ForecastCheck Area Weather
Boulder Creek Trail Reviews
Add a comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.
- Crown Rock Trail
- Chautauqua Trail via 6th Street Connector
- Gregory Canyon and Amphitheatre Loop Trail
- Boy Scout Loop Trail
- Gregory Canyon and E.M Greenman Loop Trail
- Boulder Viewpoint Trail
- Amphitheater Hike
- Boulder Star Hike
- Mount Sanitas Peak Trail
- Boulder Canyon
- Gregory Canyon to Flagstaff Mountain
- Mount Sanitas