High Path of the Gods
- Physical DifficultyThis is the average user-submitted rating on the physical difficulty of this route. In general, green is beginner, blue is intermediate, black is advanced/most difficult and double-black is expert-only. It is recommended that users build up to black and double-black routes.
- Technical DifficultyThis is the average user-submitted rating on the technical difficulty of this route. In general, green is beginner, blue is intermediate, black is advanced/most difficult and double-black is expert-only. It is recommended that users build up to black and double-black routes.
The High Path of the Gods is a less known variation of the famous “Path of the Gods“ route. If you want to experience the views of the Path of the Gods from a higher altitude - and with a bit more adventure - this path is made for you!
Join our newsletter
Get a weekly dose of discounts and inspiration for adventure lovers
Route Description for High Path of the Gods
From Paolo Capasso Square in Bomerano, follow the signs for the Circuit of Tre Calli, walking up some stairs on a paved road until you arrive at the starting point of Circuit of Tre Calli. From there, you should follow the paved road, Via Paipo, for 3km until the ground becomes irregular. After 500 m, look out for the red and white Italian Alpine Club (CAI) sign on a rock, it’ll be on your left
Soon you will be immersed in vegetation. You will see the high and rocky face of Lattari Mountains in front of you, and at your left the Amalfi Coast and Capri. You get all these views 300 m higher than you would normally see them from the popular Path of the Gods hike.
Walk along the path until you reach a signboard. It will point you in many different directions, but you want to take the path that climbs up and to the side of the mountain. Continue to go up until the rock terrain become a flat path. From this vantage point you can enjoy the stunning views of the Amalfi coast from a privileged position!
Going on, you have to go through some thick vegetation until you arrive at a juncture: turn left and continue as the trail goes down. Eventually you will come across some ancient wooden stairs. Hike down the stairs until you find a CAI signboard and another juncture. Go right from here, downward, following the wooden handrail and the old stairs. After 1km you will be in Nocelle, a Positano hamlet.
To get back to Agerola you have a few different options. You can go down to Positano and take the bus for Amalfi and from there the bus to Agerola; you can follow the path you just came in on; or, you can do the lower Path of the Gods, which will take you to Bomerano in 2 hours or so.
Insider Hints for High Path of the Gods
- If you have an entire day to hike, we advise you to start with the High Path of the Gods and to take the normal Path of the Gods on the way back, so that you can experience the two different views of the Amalfi Coast.
- To get here by bus from Amalfi take the SITA bus for Agerola, then stop in Bomerano. Once there, follow the signs for the Path of the Gods in Via Pennino (Pennino road).
- To get here by bus from Sorrento you must take two SITA buses: the first one stops in Amalfi. The second for Agerola will take you to Bomerano.
Getting to the High Path of the Gods Trailhead
Once in Agerola, you have to proceed to Paolo Capasso Square in Bomerano, an hamlet of Agerola. Once there, park the car nearby and follow the signs for the Path of the Gods, which you will find on "Via Pennino" (Pennino road).
High Path of the Gods Elevation Graph
Weather ForecastCheck Area Weather
High Path of the Gods Reviews
Add a comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.