Cleeve Common Circular Walk
The Cleeve Common Circular walk explores the beautiful rolling countryside of the Cleeve Common. You’ll also be climbing Cleeve Hill, which is the highest point of the Cotswolds range. From the top, you’ll have stunning views of the pastoral Cotswolds that can stretch all the way to Wales on a clear day.
Subscribe to our newsletter
Get a weekly dose of discounts and inspiration for adventure lovers
Route Description for Cleeve Common Circular Walk
The Cleeve Common Circular Walk begins from the Cleeve Hill Golf course, which is between Cheltenham and Winchcombe. Most of the walk is easy; however, the climb up Cleeve Hill is long with some steep sections. This dog-friendly route can get muddy, and the footing can be very slippery going up the hill.
As you walk through Cleeve Common, you’ll enjoy beautiful views of the Cotswolds countryside, especially from the top of the Hill. The top of Cleeve Hill is the perfect place to reward yourself with a break or a picnic so you can soak in the incredible scenery. You’ll also walk by an old hill fort as you make your way along the path.
Consider a Walking Holiday in the Cotswolds
One of the best ways to experience this stunning Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty is by booking a pre-planned adventure tour in the Cotswolds. Find the famous self-guided Cotswolds Way and other amazing guided and self-guided tours on 10Adventures Tours.
Insider Hints for Cleeve Common Circular Walk
- A nearby Winchcombe is a charming village with a local pub which is a great stop after your walk.
- You may want to visit Sudeley Castle which is just a few minutes away from the car park where the walk begins.
Getting to the Cleeve Common Circular Walk Trailhead
To get to the beginning of the Cleeve Common Circular Walk, you’ll want to take the B4632 from Cheltenham towards Cleeve Hill. Take a right at Wickfield Lane and drive to the Cleeve Hill Golf Club, where the walk begins.
Cleeve Common Circular Walk Elevation Graph
Weather ForecastCheck Area Weather
Cleeve Common Circular Walk Reviews
Add a comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.
- Stanton, Snowshill, and Stanway Circular Walk
- Guiting Wood Loop
- Guiting Power Circular Walk
- Winchcombe and Bourton on the Water Walk
- Elmley Castle Walk
- Guiting Power and Naunton Circular Walk
- Cotswold Way: Stanton to Chipping Campden Walk
- Cleeve Common and Belas Knap Walk
- Seven Springs and Leckhampton Hill Circular Walk
- Belas Knap Long Barrow Walk
- Elmley Castle and Bredon Hill Walk
- Cleeve Hill – Winchcombe Circular Walk