- Physical DifficultyThis is the average user-submitted rating on the physical difficulty of this route. In general, green is beginner, blue is intermediate, black is advanced/most difficult and double-black is expert-only. It is recommended that users build up to black and double-black routes.
- Technical DifficultyThis is the average user-submitted rating on the technical difficulty of this route. In general, green is beginner, blue is intermediate, black is advanced/most difficult and double-black is expert-only. It is recommended that users build up to black and double-black routes.
Štrbské Pleso Lake trail is a beautiful and easy hike that will take you around the magical Štrbské Lake, offering stunning views from every corner of the trail. It’s a perfect walk for families or as a relaxing stroll after one of your harder hikes that day.
Join our newsletter
Get a weekly dose of discounts and inspiration for adventure lovers
Route Description for Štrbské Pleso
On sunny weekends, be ready to face the crowds as Štrbské Pleso is a popular resort among Slovakian and Polish people. During those days, parking spaces are harder to find and tend to get more expensive. Also, make sure to check if any events are happening in town as it may increase the crowds.
Štrbské Pleso Trail is a wonderful and easy hike that takes you around the stunning Štrbské Lake, offering magnificent views from every part of the trail. This hike is perfect for families with young children or as a great walk after a longer hike that finishes in Štrbské Pleso. The lake covers 19.76ha with the deepest part being 20 m in depth.
With multiple starting points and an easy to navigate path, there is no wrong way to hike this trail. All around the lake, you will see information boards where you can find out more about the lake, its flora and fauna, and the town itself.
From the southern shore, you can see beautiful views of the scenic Hotel Patria and the ski jump with the mountains behind it. From the northern side, you will have some great views of Štrbské Pleso town. The hike can take as little as half an hour or as long as half a day, depending on what you want to do there. You can visit one of the restaurants along the trail or get a relaxing boat ride to enjoy the water and the spectacular views from the middle of Štrbské Pleso.
Štrbské Pleso (Štrbské Lake)
One of the top tourist destinations in the High Tetras of Slovakia, Štrbské Pleso is a breathtaking glacial lake that is fed by a series of underground springs. Previously referred to by locals as “the puddle,” Štrbské Pleso is actually the second-largest glacial lake on the Slovak side of the High Tetras and spends roughly 155 days of the year in a frozen state.
Find more amazing hikes in the High Tatras
Insider Hints for Štrbské Pleso
- Take a boat ride in the Štrbské Lake and enjoy the peaceful views around you without all the crowds that roam the trail.
- Allocate some time to walk this trail after one of the harder hikes that finish in Štrbské Pleso.
- Use the Electric Train as the parking costs more and it’s not easy to find empty spaces.
Getting to the Štrbské Pleso Trailhead
Go to Štrbské Pleso electric train station. Head north-west from there. You will see the lake. As it’s a circuit, you can start the trail from any place you want.
Štrbské Pleso Elevation Graph
Weather ForecastCheck Area Weather
Štrbské Pleso Reviews
Add a comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.