Raspberry Ridge Hike
- Physical DifficultyThis is the average user-submitted rating on the physical difficulty of this route. In general, green is beginner, blue is intermediate, black is advanced/most difficult and double-black is expert-only. It is recommended that users build up to black and double-black routes.
- Technical DifficultyThis is the average user-submitted rating on the technical difficulty of this route. In general, green is beginner, blue is intermediate, black is advanced/most difficult and double-black is expert-only. It is recommended that users build up to black and double-black routes.
Raspberry Ridge is a great trail to hike if you are staying at Cataract Creek campground. It is located across the street and features a well-graded path through the forest that opens up to great views of the foothills and eventually the rockies. Enjoy this route with the family for a half-day adventure near your campsite.
Join our newsletter
Get a weekly dose of discounts and inspiration for adventure lovers
Route Description for Raspberry Ridge Hike
Hiking Raspberry Ridge is a great way to see where the foothills meet the Rockies. Starting from the Highway, begin your hike by making your way into the forest, where many clearings will reveal excellent views towards Longview. At 3.2 km, you will come to a junction known as the Raspberry Ridge easy route. This also gives you an option to create a lollipop on your return. The easy route to the left of the mountain slope adds only about 1.0 km each way, however, it's much more convenient and the views are a lot nicer than grinding your way with practically no views on the main trail.
If you decide to use the main route, switchback up for 1.0 km before reaching the ridge and your final stretch. Enjoy the panoramic views from here before returning. If you’d like to take it easy and be kind to your knees, stay right following the ridge to join the easy route on your descent.
Find other amazing hikes in Kananaskis Country
- Kananaskis - Smith Dorrien Trail: Chester Lake, Tent Ridge, Burstall Pass, West Wind Pass and Rummel Lake.
- Bragg Creek and Sheep River Provincial Park: Prairie Mountain, Powderface Ridge, Nihahi Ridge and ForgetMeNot Ridge.
- Kananaskis Trail: Troll Falls, Rawson Lake, Wasootch Ridge, Sarrail Ridge and Pocaterra Ridge.
Insider Hints for Raspberry Ridge Hike
- We recommend adding 1.0 km each way and using the easy route up and down. The views are much nicer as you can see more of the mountain range separating Alberta and British Columbia. And if you have the time, this way is a lot more enjoyable.
Getting to the Raspberry Ridge Hike Trailhead
From Calgary, take AB-8 westbound to the roundabout and join AB-22 south. When you reach Longview, turn right onto Highway 541. Turn left onto Highway 940 and drive south to the Raspberry Ridge trailhead on your right. It is across from the Cataract Creek Campground.
Raspberry Ridge Hike Elevation Graph
Weather ForecastCheck Area Weather
Raspberry Ridge Hike Reviews
Add a comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.