hikes Around Lake Louise
hikes Around Lake Louise
Hiking in Lake Louise is spectacular, with incredible mountain lakes, stunning peaks and regular wildlife sightings. The hikes near Lake Louise include those around Lake Louise, Moraine Lake as well as across the highway in the beautiful Skoki region. If you want to explore the best hiking trails around Lake Louise, we're here to help.
The best hikes around Lake Louise include hikes that are great for families with kids, as well as some challenging, full-day hikes best suited to experienced hikers. What is common is the mesmerizing lakes, which draw visitors from around the world. If you're looking to plan your next trip to Lake Louise, check out our list of the top hikes below.
- Moraine Lake Rockpile and Lakeshore (3.4km, 38m, 0.5-1h): The most popular hike near Lake Louise, the Moraine Lake hike has incredible views on an easy-to-travel trail. This route a must-do for anyone visiting Lake Louise or Banff National Park.
- Paradise Valley Circuit (20.3km, 1045m, 7-9h): One of the most difficult hikes near Lake Louise, but worth the effort. This hike has it all: spectacular views, beautiful lakes, waterfalls and much more.
- Plain of the 6 Glaciers (15.0km, 420m, 4-6h): A classic hike near Lake Louise. This popular hike travels along Lake Louise up to a Tea House – and beyond to a wonderful glacier viewpoint.
- Mount St. Piran (12.5km, 970m, 4.5-6.5h): One of our favorite hikes near Lake Louise! Great views and an optional off-trail descent over the top for experienced hikers. A stop at the Lake Agnes Tea House en route makes this a stunner!
- Eiffel Lake and Wenkchemna Pass (17.1km, 720m, 6-7h): It’s hard to imagine this hike is the #5 around Lake Louise, as it would be #1 in many other places on earth. This hike brings you to the beautiful Eiffel Lake and a remote valley where you feel the nature is all your own.
- Skoki Lakes (Zigadenus and Myosotis) (25.7km, 965m, 7-9h): Skoki Lakes is an epic hike in the Skoki region near Lake Louise. This route takes in Boulder Pass, Ptarmigan Lake, the Skoki Lakes (Zigadenus and Myosotis Lakes) and then Deception Pass before coming back. This is especially pretty in Autumn.
- Mount Fairview Summit (9.3km, 955m, 3.5-5h): One of the best summit hikes near Lake Louise, this hike takes you to a bird’s-eye view of the world-famous Lake Louise below.
- Redoubt Lake via Boulder Pass (21.9km, 715m, 6-8h): The hike to Redoubt Lake is an underappreciated hike in the Skoki region near Lake Louise. Hiking to Redoubt Lake takes you on a wonderful hike and showcases some of the best larches in the Canadian Rockies.
- Sentinel Pass (13.6km, 925m, 4-6h): A stunning hike with incredible sights back to the Valley of the 10 Peaks and down to Paradise Valley from the pass. In autumn, this becomes one of the most popular hikes in Banff National Park thanks to the larches changing colour.
- Consolation Lakes (5.8km, 135m, 1.5-3): Perfect for beginners, this hike near Moraine Lake leads to stunning views at a mountain lake.
The best hikes Around Lake Louise
Yes, there are more than 10
Around Lake Louise is so beautiful that we can not give you only 10 hikes. So here is a list of bonus hikes in Around Lake Louise that you should take a look at as well
Are we missing your favourite hike?
Tell us! If you've got photos, a GPS track and know the hike, we'd love to share your favourite hike with the rest of the 10Adventures community.